Valve is the most widely used mechanical product in construction. Currently on the market, the most commonly used valve types include ball valves, globe valves, gate valves, butterfly valves, and regulating valves. In the process of use, the installation method of the valve is very important, the following are the precautions for valve installation, I hope it will help you.
20 precautions for installing valves, valve installation requirements
1. When installing the valve, it is necessary to clean the inner cavity and sealing surface, whether the connecting bolts are evenly tightened, and check whether the packing is tight.
2. The valve is closed during installation.
3. Large-size gate valves and pneumatic control valves should be installed vertically to avoid being biased to one side due to the large weight of the valve core, which may cause leakage.
4. There is a set of correct installation process standards.
5. The valve should be installed according to the allowable working position, but attention must be paid to the convenience of maintenance and operation.
6. The installation of the stop valve should make the flow direction of the medium consistent with the arrow marked on the valve body. For valves that are not frequently opened and closed but need to strictly ensure that they do not leak in the closed state, they can be installed in reverse to close tightly with the help of the medium pressure. .
7. When tightening the compression screw, the valve should be slightly open to avoid crushing the sealing surface of the valve top.
8. The cryogenic valve should be opened and closed as far as possible in the cold state before positioning, requiring flexibility and no jamming.
9. The liquid valve should be configured such that the valve stem is at a 10° inclination angle with the horizontal to avoid liquid flowing out along the valve stem, and more serious, to avoid leakage.
10. After the large air separation tower is barely cooled, pre-tighten the connecting valve flange once in the cold state to prevent leakage at room temperature and low temperature.
11. It is strictly prohibited to use the valve stem as a scaffold to climb during installation.
12. After all valves are in place, they should be opened and closed again, and they are qualified if they are flexible and not stuck.
13. Valves should generally be positioned before pipeline installation. The piping should be natural, and the position should not be hard to pull to avoid leaving prestress.
14. Non-metal valves, some are hard and brittle, and some are low in strength. During operation, the opening and closing force should not be too large, especially not strong. Also pay attention to avoid object bumps.
15. When transporting and installing the valve, beware of bumps and scratches.
16. When using a new valve, do not press too tightly on the packing, so as not to leak, so as to avoid too much pressure on the valve stem, accelerating wear and strenuous opening and closing.
17. Before installing the valve, confirm that the valve meets the design requirements and relevant standards.
18. Before installing the valve, clean the inside of the pipeline to remove iron filings and other impurities to prevent foreign matter from being included in the valve sealing seat.
19. The high temperature valve is at normal temperature when installed. After use, the temperature rises, the bolt is heated to expand, and the gap increases, so it must be tightened again. This problem should be paid attention to, otherwise it is easy to leak.
20. To install the valve, confirm whether the flow direction of the medium, the installation form and the position of the handwheel meet the requirements.