Material selection method of knife gate valve
The choice of valve manufacturing materials according to different circulating media and different service environments has become the consensus of many valve manufacturers, but there are some differences in the material selection of knife gate valve. Due to its own function and performance, carbon steel and stainless steel will be used as the main manufacturing materials in most cases, rather than the alloy materials and even engineering plastics used in other valves. The valve body itself requires strength and hardness, so the valve body is mainly made of carbon steel. The obvious advantage of carbon steel is the hardness and strength brought by its carbon content. Since the gate valve is often in contact with liquid medium, the material for manufacturing knife gate valve should be corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
Maintenance of knife gate valve
1. In order to ensure the service life, the materials used for the knife gate valve actually need to be selected according to the working conditions, that is, it can be customized.
2. During use, it shall be cleaned regularly. Lubrication measures shall be taken regularly.
3. Due to the particularity of the gate and its large stress, special attention should be paid to the material selection of the sealing surface and valve stem. The strength and load of these two parts will affect the performance of the whole valve.
4. When installing in the open air, pay attention to waterproof measures to avoid external corrosion caused by rainwater scouring. Certain protective measures shall also be taken for the valve, because external dust and solid impurities will scratch and damage the valve anyway.
5. If the installation location is offshore, the corrosion of the valve shell by sea water and sea wind shall also be considered. In this regard, it is recommended to use improved metal or ceramic materials resistant to acid, alkali and salt corrosion as the main material of the valve body.